Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curiousjane

i have a 1994 twin cam...

28 posts in this topic

Picture023.jpg

Just my luck that we happen to own 2 of them as our daily drivers and I had to tint them both :(

hey you got any tips on these? just got one in the shop! help!

:money

They suck to do in one peice, but are very doable. Ive done a few of them. Gaskets on the side windows are stupid tight.

Take out the back deck is a must. It will make life a lot easier :money

It really isn't that bad. I agree with shrinking it like a vette kinda. On the wrap around part, shrink down towards the ground. It will feel like you are shrinking against the grain but you really aren't that much. Now when you put it on and squeegee it the bottom corners will be two big pockets of water. I just take a Conquerer in one hand while standing out of the car and the heatgun in the other hand. Just keep heating that pocket and pushing with the conquerer, it will all go away with a few passes

Did one today in 1 piece, 1st shot. Deck out. I think the key is to not shrink it too much in the corners, just enough to not have excess film. I drew lines on the tint to keep my reference as to which way to shrink it (which direction was the edges) and really it didn't need a ton of shrinking. When installed I had to heat the curves and hard card the film to fill the gap, but that was better than having too much film and creasing it. All in all it wasn't the worst, not as bad as I remember from like 5 years ago.