Tint Tek 2020

filmvinyldesigns.com
Tint Tek 2020

filmvinyldesigns.com
Sign in to follow this  
dbdreams

.eps & vector art question?

I have a vinyl plotter from Sign Warehouse that I have had for several years. I bought it primarily for doing the lettering on my storefront without much intention of actually using it as part of my business. Recently someone I know who owns a painting company, who knew I had the plotter, offered to paint my buildings exterior in exhange for lettering his two work vehicles and an enclosed utilty trailer. I agreed as it would be a great deal for both of us but here is my dilema......

The logos he sent me for his company was not in .eps format, most of them were jpeg so I found a program on the internet that I downloaded for free and I convert them to .eps believe that was all I needed to make them work but it didn't. I also tried to use the vectrorize autotrace but it still wont allow me to increase the size of the image without distortion. I have been trying different things within the software that I use (LXi I believe) but I have had no success. My experience is limited to ready to cut logos and images or just basic fonts included with the software I have. What do I need to do to take his artwork and logo design to prepare or get it ready to be cut by my plotter while having the abitly to increase the size without distortion of the logo image and fonts?

if you wanna send me the file, I could take a look at it. If it's not too bad, I could do it for ya...I have a few minutes....

if you wanna send me the file, I could take a look at it. If it's not too bad, I could do it for ya...I have a few minutes....

Sorry I got busy for a minute. If you can e-mail me your e-mail address to David@XtremeGlassTinting.com I will e-mail you the logos. It would help me a bunch. In the meantime I am going to look on youtube like Snappy suggested because eventually I will want to know how to do it myself.

you could also try inkscape. its a free program you can download and it works well with vectorizing the harder jpegs. otherwise, just redraw it that way you know its correct. a lot of times I end up spending so much time fixing the nodes from a converted vector that I could have redrew it in the same amount of time.

Sorry I got busy for a minute. If you can e-mail me your e-mail address to David@XtremeGlassTinting.com I will e-mail you the logos. It would help me a bunch. In the meantime I am going to look on youtube like Snappy suggested because eventually I will want to know how to do it myself.

It's not that difficult once you get the hang of how the bezier tool works... :lol

it was a pretty simple logo...I just did a quick re-draw. Hope it works for ya David. :shoot2

Yes, I was able to use it last night and it worked exactly as I needed it to. Thanks slick tinter! :twocents I certainly appreciate it and hopefully I will be able to return a favor somtetime.

Also thanks to the others for suggestions and tips