armolanusa.com
Global Window Films

armolanusa.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
painted600rr

Xsun film quality?

12 posts in this topic

just wondering if anyone has had any hands on experience with this film. i got a sample roll of it but i havent installed any of it. color looks pretty good. the film i have is the HP charcoal.

Edited by painted600rr

this company used to be protect guard and changed names. they have a history of purple films. they may have or not have changed they're process of making films otherwise i wouldnt try my luck.

its just a sample roll so i havent invested any money in the product yet. the film isnt bad after installing it on one of our own vehicles. i use global qdp and its similar in color. only thing i dont like about it is it seems to crease easily and when squeegeeing it theres some resistance meaning its kinda hard to slide the tool across it. odd problem that ive never experienced before.

I tried to get some samples from these people. No response to my phone calls. My email got responded too but nothing ever came not even a swatch or pricing.

If it is protect they got some purple off the roll tint. Unless they fixed it.

Is it XSun or SunX that you are asking about? I have heard of SunX international but not XSun :thumb

Sun X out of Texas in the past sold only non color stable product :dunno

Is it XSun or SunX that you are asking about? I have heard of SunX international but not XSun :)

Sun X out of Texas in the past sold only non color stable product :dunno

I use Sun-x now Stan, according to them (hopefully they're not lying :) ) their color stable line is re-boxed Suntek Carbon (perhaps they just recently added this to their arsenal?). I have seen verified Carbon before and it does seem to be the same. I actually like dealing with them, they're nice people.

PS - SO EXCITED FOR YOUR DVD'S TO COME!! THANKS!!!!

He is correct it is called Xsun and they use to be Protect Gard . Now i have never tried there films but if it is true they turn purple then i will be one happy guy as many installers by me advertise this film as if it was Lulu.... I am sure to see new customer coming in for R&R :blink:

well the line that i used is advertised as a lifetime warranty film. seemed pretty good to me as far as color goes but i only installed the 50% HP charcoal and didnt have enough to do a BG. its Xsun and says its made in the USA. i dont think ill be switching to this film i like my qdp too much.

i got a sample from them gps series. lets just say the film started with a L and ended with a R that was in the box. not complaining just saying