Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdkinsTINTSHACK

Waiver For Dark Film Nc? Shop Liability?

20 posts in this topic

filmslayer. Thanks. that boosts my optimism. lol. quick ? for all of you guys... I use a great quality film... But! 38% just isnt cutting it on GMs especially. Most of the time they meter 31-31.5%. the next lightest vlt is 50%, which I think will look way too light for the customers liking... Are you guys using lighter than 38% film to meet or exceed the 32% cutoff?

Vince. THANK YOU! Thats some good info right there... thank you again!

filmslayer. Thanks. that boosts my optimism. lol. quick ? for all of you guys... I use a great quality film... But! 38% just isnt cutting it on GMs especially. Most of the time they meter 31-31.5%. the next lightest vlt is 50%, which I think will look way too light for the customers liking... Are you guys using lighter than 38% film to meet or exceed the 32% cutoff?

Vince. THANK YOU! Thats some good info right there... thank you again!

Are you using carbon? Everyone ive checked lately was running 33-34 with carbon 38 and I agree going to 45 or 50 aint gonna cut it. I dnt know whats up in NC but they have really cracked down on the inspectors in the past year,I try my best to do all legal but it can be tough. So far dmv hasnt messed with the tinters yet but I forsee it coming if things get out of hand with dark tint rolling around again.

There have been cases in court where the installer didn't follow the law; having signed waivers from the courts opinion and mine does you no good---you are having someone sign a waiver and you acnowledge that you are breaking the law as it pertains to the tint laws in that state..It's best to keep it legal unless they have a waiver for tint...Here in Mississippi we have waivers; I have a medical exemption and I have to keep it with me at all times; even while out of state. The liability is just too high to be greedy....

Be safe,

Jimmy

There have been cases in court where the installer didn't follow the law; having signed waivers from the courts opinion and mine does you no good---you are having someone sign a waiver and you acnowledge that you are breaking the law as it pertains to the tint laws in that state..It's best to keep it legal unless they have a waiver for tint...Here in Mississippi we have waivers; I have a medical exemption and I have to keep it with me at all times; even while out of state. The liability is just too high to be greedy....

Be safe,

Jimmy

exactly, great choice of words..

LLumar would have you covered from top to bottom in NC-

Basic Black 40, single ply 3 year warranted discount film

ATC 40, - deep dyed 2 ply 1.5 mil lifetime warranted color stable film (good)

ATR 40, - hybrid HP 2 ply 1.5 mil lifetime warranted color stable film (better)

CTX 40, - ceramic signal enabling, strong heat rejection, 2ply 1.5 mil lifetime warranted color stable film (best)

You'd have to look real hard to find a better range of films from a single manufacturer that will satisfy your yearly 32% inspection with each film type without dropping to a lighter VLT range, such as 50%. :trustme

I would say, it was a show car that was towed in and untagged and or unregistered. Still run a risk if and when you go to court.

I dont in any way think illegal is the way to do things!

My question is, how do the companies that sell film to WALMART, Autozone, and Advance Auto Parts not get thrown under the bus with their illegal sales?

If you go to one of those retailers buy the material take it home hang it (here in NC) bang your illegal!

any laws that I have seen have never said anything about selling the film. Only about installing illegal film and operating a vehicle with illegal film. Nothing stops them from selling the stuff. After all, they don't know which windows the film will be installed on.

any laws that I have seen have never said anything about selling the film. Only about installing illegal film and operating a vehicle with illegal film. Nothing stops them from selling the stuff. After all, they don't know which windows the film will be installed on.

I follow you, it just sucks that the end user in most cases has no idea they're committing a misdemeanor.