Advertise on TintDude! Contact us for details.
Contact us at admin@tintdude.com
spacer
Advertise on TintDude! Contact us for details.
Contact us at admin@tintdude.com
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
tint123

Car Stereo Update

I remembered a Car Audio Shop in the area, been in biz 26 yrs.

Stopped in, $60 to fix the display on the stock unit, and have it back next week, or $60 to install the aftermarket unit I had in the back seat.

No dinging when the key is in the ignition and the door is opened, and the radio shuts off when the motor is turned off.

Took the guy about 20 min to do it, and got a better radio in there than the factory one.

He even has it set up where when I sell the car, I can swap out the aftermarket and put the factory one back in on my own.

Edited by tint123

you got a seat deal for 60 bucks. Even the cheapest harness for that car is 25 bucks. Plus an install kit.

He didn't do nothin with the seat, it was the stereo ! :lol

Had the harness from the 98 Saturn it was put in, guess he was able to to use that one since I didnt car about the dinging, or the radio staying on when the engine is turned off.

$60?? must have stuck it in his pocket then. My labor alone would be that, let alone to do the job properly with a interface and not a hack job. But to each his own.

Thats what made it so affordable, I don't care tospend $50 for an interface, just so the radio works when I am driving, and was able to get it done !