Sign in to follow this  
Devil with bad attitude

Kia optima 2012 rear brake light

I do tons of these. Not sure you even can remove the brakelight Devil. I just use the Bulldozer and gets behind perfect everytime :thumb

Guest thatsnappyguy

I do tons of these. Not sure you even can remove the brakelight Devil. I just use the Bulldozer and gets behind perfect everytime :thumb

bingo

Thx guys......our car downunder looks like it is part of the shelf but a definate add on.

I can see a bit of stainless steel just under it at the front but I'm not game to try and force it up any further....just peeking an optic.

It does have a bit of movement if you had another tinter around to push the whole thing down to get a dozer in but a tough gig for one.

Cheers.

Dev

I did an 11 or 12 a few months back and I remember the light wouldn't come out. I did a 13 yesterday and I tried everything to remove the brake light-nope! So for giggles I figured I'd see if the deck comes out easy, Nope! The clips on the sail panel didn't want to release without feeling like they would break. I went ahead and bulldozed it which isn't too bad on those but I hate when you get a little spec if contam and can't get to it with the Popsicle stick. Why can't they just make the light removable like everyone else? I pity the fool who has to replace a bulb one day!

thats funny this came up again cause I did a 2013 yesterday and dozing the brakelight was what ended up happening. I was temtped to torque it up till something happened though.lol I bet that shiny piece you can see underneath is hooked one way or the other into the deck

I do a ton of these and stopped trying to remove it. A green tailfin works like a charm or a bulldozer. I'll ask the techs at KIA how they come out but I still will never remove one. Easy to get behind

You can take a olfa or plastic panel tool there is 2 small screws in corners close to rear seat pry up gently this will pull screws through.Remove screws and clips will hold light in place,No DAMAGE

You can take a olfa or plastic panel tool there is 2 small screws in corners close to rear seat pry up gently this will pull screws through.Remove screws and clips will hold light in place,No DAMAGE

Interesting , so no rattling or shifting of light?Not doubting , just makes me wonder why the screws are in there in the first place if not truly needed ?