tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
QT Shoppe

Possible switch to 3M auto film

We are a high volume shop that does retail and car dealerships. We currently use Suntek window film ( Carbon / CXP ) and have had no problems at all. 3M has approached us a few times in the past but now they are really trying hard to get us to switch. They seem to have more to offer as far as support and product than they did the last time they approached us.

They have a fairly new film, FX Premium that they claim is the same as their Color Stable w/o the warranty?? Does anyone sell their Crystalline, based on their demonstration it looks like a great heat blocker.

I guess what I'm asking for those 3M dealers out there...... Is a switch to 3M with all they have to offer at a higher price per roll worth it? Suntek has been great but they really have nothing else to offer beyond window film. I'm not looking for the "3M" name to bring me floods of people but do think with their other products and a small increase per car it might be worth it.

Thanks

Ask them to offer you the full line, auto and FG. If they will only give you the option to buy auto film, .. tell them to suck it.

You might already be buying 3M in a Suntek box...or vise-versa...as rumor would have it.  Ask for a sample and compare first.  If you determine they are the same, ask 3M if you can just buy their boxes.

I have started using the fx premium as my base film. I really like installing this film and being a former suntek dealer. I can assure you that the 2 are not the same film at all. I would like to carry their ceramic line, but I need a ceramic in a 20% vlt.

I guess what I'm asking for those 3M dealers out there...... Is a switch to 3M with all they have to offer at a higher price per roll worth it? Suntek has been great but they really have nothing else to offer beyond window film. I'm not looking for the "3M" name to bring me floods of people but do think with their other products and a small increase per car it might be worth it.

What is the duration ofcredit term that each of them offer to  you? eg. 1-month or 3-months, etc.

Sun krap sucks 3m not much better.

Get a real film like llumar or globe.learn the films then you can sell at a hiher price.unless they I've you a deal.like let u use a plotter for free that's what 3m does for large accounts in den any way. Theat's a great deal.I would use a film that's the easiest to install.

Guest DiamondAutoSportNC

We are a 3M dealer and we use FX High Performance, ColorStable and Crystalline. Having the three films and three price points allowes us to lock in people from all social classes. We price our FX film about 20 dollars higher than our closest competitior and more than 50% of the time they will spend the $20 and get a quality name brand film with a better warranty. I have used Llummar, suntek, cheap stuff and 3M and I can tell you the others are not "the same thing". It sucks spending a substancial amount more on film but since we started carrying it and marketing it we have increased gross sales over 30%...... but to each his own.

I am a 3M shop and i seem to find that people tend to trust the 3M name quite a bit more than other films. That being said the price per roll is something you should take into consideration as for a Crystalline 40 x 100 goes for around $1300. People that do know film also bring up the issue of relabeling etc.