tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
Tintmaster08

Venting! Advice?

Hello fellow tinters, it's been a while since my last post. I am a professional tinter/installer for 10+ yrs now. Here's my problem, why is it so hard for a good tinter/installer to find a good solid job with guaranteed pay, I.e. being able to cash my paycheck at the end of the week and not having to worry about it bouncing? Shop owners who have never done this job a day in their life in my opinion are the worst ones to work for. I brought in services this company never offered before (alarms remote starts, paint protection etc). I've been promised this and that and haven't seen it, asked for a raise after a year was told some bs story so I waited patiently, only for him to hire another tinter due to business drastically picking up. Alone I can tint 6 to 7 cars a day properly without any comebacks for decent coin. He agrees to pay this sub x amount of dollars to show up plus commission plus he gets to tint his own customer cars at the shop during regular shop hours. The only thing this guy can do is tint, no ppf installing skills, no mobile electronics skills, no sales skills, not to mention to many comebacks in my opinion. What to do?

The only power you have is leaving the job. Play that card, it sounds like he needs you, and may be willing to keep you happy. But if you don't do anything and just keep working, he has no need to treat you any differently.

Leaving seems to be the only thing to do, just seems that every time I do, I run into this same pay problem. I just want to be able to do my job and not have to worry if my money will be there or short.

This is the third shop I have worked for that I have had this worry. I have relocated to three different states none close to either at my own expenses, just to run into the same problem. Don't get it.

Can't believe you can't find a decent shop owner that's not hovering in the red (or appearing to)

With that being said , I personally know enough small business owners in the auto trades (non tint ) that have jerked around employees in a similar fashion. Strange

It sounds to me like you may want to hire Drew to run your new joint venture :dunno

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/76718-help-inpatient-need-info-on-opening-a-tint-shop/

:lol2

What ?

Cant a guy be a matchmaker too?