tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blktint

Refunds?

Hahaha y'all crack me up -.- no wait. HOLD THE PHONE! Y'all make sense..... Sorry just wanted to day hold the phone. Lol. Anyway ...

Customer came in with a used Hyundai elantra. Got 20% full wrap. Beige interior, suede looking. I got some application fluid on the seat, used my towel to dry it up. But it left a stain around the edge from dirt in the seat. He wasn't happy even when we offered to "steam clean" the inside (Our detail shop uses industrial extractors not steam cleaners) but said okay. It was the right thing to do. A day passed or so and he went to Facebook about how we left his "new" car a mess, were ignorant, bla bla bla. (Mind you I didn't talk to this guy at all just the detailers) calls back after a few more days that he isn't happy about his tint job. Offered to fix what he want happy with. He came in I redid 4 doors. His complaints were there was something in his tint. When I did then there were a few places there was contamination in them. Nothing that wouldn't have passed in any shop. I did then again anyway because again that's what we do. He calls back a month later saying he got the wrong tint and he wants his money back since we're **** ups. (I didn't talk to this guy still) the boss told him to come in and well fix it for him again. No I just want my money, okay come in and we'll remove the tint for free, and give you a refund. No, I'll just come get my money or I'll keep bashing you on social media until your business goes under. (I still haven't talked to this guy, only the boss did) okay sir I'll give you a refund. When he shows up I'm going to pick up keys for my next job and walk passed the guy who is oh the phone bragging how he got his tint for free.

I couldn't take it and better judgement went out the window. I thanked him for his patronage and for screwing my children out of extra Christmas gifts. For wasting my time and effort. For bragging that he screwed over someone who's working their *** off to provide for his children and be a good father since my wife passed a year ago (none was true but neither was he so I didn't care) he apologized to me and handed the money back to the cashier after I left.

I was just starting out at this time and had a lot of redos simply because my teacher stuck around for my first 3 cars only.

Was I wrong, yes. Simply put I lied to this man and after felt like crash because I just don't do that, but when I heard him bragging I lost it.

Had a situation like that at the last shop I worked. Guy complained that the tint didn't work and he wanted a refund. Long story short he and the owner had it out and he left, about a week later guy does a charge back on the card he used to pay for the job.

I guess if someone really wants to get a free tint job out of it, they will find a way. Not sure if when a customer does a charge back if the business is contacted to give their side of the story or not... if not I guess there isn't much that can be done in that case to prevent it.

Should be able to press charges on someone like this as they have stolen from you.  They received services and then have defrauded you.  They are stealing.

If you are going to offer a refund then remove the film but not all of the glue. Don't get mad, get even!  :thumb

:thumb   lol

Tint off/money back- rarely happens, but there are some true idiots out there. Most of the time they want it darker and claim they were told it would be illegal.

I have never had a situation requiring a refund, but if there is no way to work it out we would remove it and refund.  It sucks to have the wasted film and labor, but majority of the time if a customer is that annoying they are not going away.  So if you think long term, the wasted time and labor can be much more than the initial situation.  I would defiantly not let them get a refund until we removed the tint because that could of been their plan all along.