tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
TrinityAutomotive

Working without a shop

Im in the process of starting my company. one problem, i dont have a place to operate. looked and looked for a reasonable sized shop for a reasonable shop. cant find anything thats available. I have film, tools, and experience. and the customers will come from my online marketing and word of mouth, etc. What are these mobile guys doing? do they tint outside? (personally i wouldnt want to do that unless i absolutely had to. 

should i start with dealerships and ease my way into a shop? 

Help, tips, advice for the noob business owner would very much appreciated!!!!! 

I would say keep looking for a shop. Even if it's not the most ideal place. At least until you can get the place you want. I'm not saying I wouldn't tint something outside but I'm not gonna do it everyday.

Been "using" other shops for 16 years. If you want to give me a call tomorrow we could talk about the set up.

618-231-0230

Did you find a shop yet? I had been looking for over a year. Was doing mobile for the last 12 years since my last shop. Try an industrial area for starters.

I have been mobile for over ten years.  I set up auto accessory shops, and dealerships with my program so I don't have to deal with custy's anymore.   they call, I show and bill volume places every two weeks.  I have thought about a shop but the expense and overhead makes it hard.  some come to my house, have the garage setup with heat, T5 lighting and its cleaner then most of my accounts.  Use the home based business tax advantages and a very good CPA.  Not one of my accounts could afford a full time tinter which makes me think, if I had a store,  could I make the overhead and a little for myself.  watched many go under over the years.  Nice not being married to a store 60 hours plus a week.