Xpel

suntekfilms.com

armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com

Patterns.3M
Sign in to follow this  
JL Graphics

Side Window. Question

Just getting into tinting...have several installs completed..I'm using tint tek program. My question is..when laying the bottom 1/3 of window..I'm struggling with getting the sides in thus sometimes creasing the tint from where I stopped w the top. I can eventually get it but sometimes have to redo from damaging tint. Ive watched several videos to see what I may be doing wrong..but in most videos they tint doesn't bunch up as much as mine.thus they seem to be able to tuck in edge much easier..it's almost like these templates I'm cutting are much bigger. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't use a plotter. I know a few guys do scale them down some though for the half peel. A simpler way to fix that is to remove the sweep or panel and drop it in in one piece.

Thanks...i thought about that too...i just really want to avoid pulling and possibly damaging panels and breaking clips and such

Guys that remove panel or sweep.....usually have the cleanest job...I remove almost all panel and sweep if I can...

Don't squeegee the top section down close to your changeover (where you are getting your crease) so you do t have such a small area to work with when you work to install the bottom. Set your very top to hold film in place :twocents

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this