tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
tjordan06

Taking Customer Deposits On Auto Appointments

Hello!

Do you take a customer deposits when they schedule an automotive tinting appointment? If so, do you actually charge their card? Have you received much pushback?

We have been seeing a recent spike in no shows. We already email, text and call the clients with appointment reminders. I cannot think of any other way to get people to show more consistently....

Thank you for the feedback!

Tim

I pick and choose which customers I require a deposit from. You can usually tell if they are serious by how they respond when asked to leave one. 

How has that worked for you? What size of deposit do you charge?

Thank you for the response!

I pick and choose which customers I require a deposit from. You can usually tell if they are serious by how they respond when asked to leave one. 

It works good most of the time. If they refuse to leave one, then I don't schedule them or tell them to drop the car off with me for the day. I usually only ask for a 20-30.00 deposit that gets applied towards the purchase price. 

Really hate it when this happens and they don't even tell you. I'm also starting to pick and choose who I require a deposit from. For me if they seem like they are price oriented then I usually take a deposit from those. If they don't like it. Tough...you can't be holding an appointment for someone who has no intentions of showing up.

It works good most of the time. If they refuse to leave one, then I don't schedule them or tell them to drop the car off with me for the day. I usually only ask for a 20-30.00 deposit that gets applied towards the purchase price. 

Do you take deposits on all of your appointments?

Thank you for the feedback!