Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tintguy3

Starting a shop

6 posts in this topic

Thinking of starting a tint shop in the area. Have looked EVERYWHERE for a decent spot and can't find anything! Also it's me and two other guys that I can't really just kick out cause we're kind of in it together. Is that a bad idea to go in with 3 owners? We've been tinting for a company for about a year now and together tint about 300 or more cars a month at a dealership. We've be doing some side work saving up a little bit of money to go out on our own and become a decent tint shop making good money. Any ideas or things to avoid? Things to help get started? All tips and suggestions PLEASE!

3 partners would scare me off. Do the math and see how much work you would need pull in to make a decent living.

That's exactly what I'm thinking just don't know how to go about it considering we all want in. Thanks

It could work, but usually not a good idea. Sounds like your the leader, take the initiative and get it done. Hire them or let them be independent contractors (still being their own boss) -

I say only have partners if necessary. If you don't have the finances to start out on your own then it may be a good idea to have a partner. Also, having a partner gives you some flexibilty in the business.