Express Window Films
Express Window Films
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ready2work

Clearplex?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with this film?  What are the pros and cons of this film? Are there any other options with the same results? Thanks in advance.

We have a text roll for practicing that we got few months ago when we were going to sign up as a dealer.  Shrinks decently easy especially if you are used to harder installation films.

I have tinted windows for about 14 years now and done many many windshields in my time but never worked with this stuff.  Recently had a meeting with a local dealership about ppf installs on new cars and wants me to install this windshield stuff.  Just wanted to know if it is really worth messing with or not.  What do you guys charge for a windshield?

How did your test with it go? Does it hold up to elements well? I will probably call them after the holidays and see about becoming a dealer. To my knowledge theres no dealers in my area at all.

Basically you can order a test roll which allows you to practice installation.  It is a thicker film similar to PPF so is harder to shrink and is impossible on some windshields.  The test roll is not the exact same film, but has the same installation properties.  We practiced on 4 vehicles (didn't install it, just shrunk it) with medium difficulty windshields and it wasn't bad.  You just have to shrink it with the liner out, then flip it and cut to fit...if you are bulking it of coarse.  You can also buy precut kits.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

I wasn't impressed when the wipers left scratch marks after a few months.  I can't imagine it after a few years of daily driving.  

With clearpex or bray....it is only a good product in a city or state that doesn't rain much.....They wiper will eventually killed the scratch coat fast in a place like Houston. We are a bray dealer and recommend selling their product on track vehicle.