armolanusa.com

Global Window Films
armolanusa.com

Global Window Films
shadytints

Preventing Peanuts

48 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2017 at 2:14 PM, shadytints said:

same shield, dryer sheet tac to top so all finger forced to bottom.  attempt not to shrink if possible and compress to edge to avoid peanuts.

not a soap or dryer sheet tinter and learning compression while avoiding creasing.  

My second try was executed with no peanuts on a 300. I still did the H pattern. I used a hard card to tackle the middle down without using any heat. When fingers were popping up thats when I stoped using the hard card. I then proceeded to heat shrink the fingers then my normal shrinking. Here is a photo of a successful peanutless 300 BG.

20170127_120912.jpg

3 cars peanut free!!

Hate slowing down shrinking so came up with another solution.  Probond

Cleaning I recommend steel wool to clean the grid.  standard white scrubby was not cleaning the corrosion or oxidization off the lines or edges of lines.  Rember the vetts with the vertical lines?  Scrub them shinny or get peanuts and debris off the lines.

probond was wiped on sides and across lines.  yellow turbo to squeegee out.  softer turbo removes more water wrapping around the lines and not creasing the edge of film to lines. 

I sprayed the edges of this Porsche back glass w dirt off. Top/bottom/sides. I realize these aren't prone to peanuts but thought it relavent. When I know it's coming I'll coat back glass with it and soak pattern with film on. Works great. Observe my dots. IMG_1684.JPG

I've gotta 13 charger tomorrow will do the same and post pics.

Update. Charger no showed. 

I guess I'm just lucky. Shrinking with powder, dryer sheet or soap using torch or a heat gun. Always clean using 0000 steel wool and use Global black box QDP.

Prolly one peanut average per hundred cars. What's the deal...pickle?

Some complicated suggestions here :twocents .  I got to agree with @Lock that what film you use makes a huge difference. Remember if you are using a rebox film that is rumored to be Global it might not be QDP. Global makes lots of film and some is custom made to meet buyers specs. Even then be careful who you buy from if you order the QDP black box. Not all distribution peeps are honest. :IMO 

cheers

On 1/6/2017 at 0:15 AM, Stewy said:

I have 6 chargers, 7 challengers, and 5 300s... maybe more. I'm going to slow shrink it and I hope that works.

What I do is take a ss flat razor and scrape all the defroster off and then clean it real good cause you know the shaving and then stuck it. Guess what no peanuts.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:17 AM, flipflopless said:

What I do is take a ss flat razor and scrape all the defroster off and then clean it real good cause you know the shaving and then stuck it. Guess what no peanuts.

I'm confused :chin 

you do realize that the defrosters serve a purpose? Sounds like you may be replacing some glass down the road.