armolanusa.com
armolanusa.com
TonyG

Pay rate for tint employees

41 posts in this topic

Hello,

We need to hire employees for our tint shop, what is the going rate for employees?  We are in the DC metro area, I've heard some employees make hourly $10-$12/hr plus $7-$8 per car worked, split if two employees work on a car is that about right?  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Or you could do a percentage of every car. They will feel more "wanted" I guess to say. If they get payed per car then that will make them Want to get more traffic through. 

percentage I prefer.  Make as much as you want but you eat the redos.  I charge the shops I go to a percentage.  the number has not changed in ten years, but I have gotten a raise every year.  Watch inventory, track month to month average, offer incentive bonus for keeping COM low

$10 to $12 an hour is about what McDonald's pays isn't it? If you have an experienced tinter, they should be making $45-50k a year minimum whether it be an hourly wage plus commission or strictly commission. Just my opinion.

What is a good percentage for commission?  Are monthly incentives or quarterly incentives the norm?  We're just starting out but also want to be fair.

Edited by TonyG

Are you a competent tinter? Will they be a helper or your only installer? 

If they are good tinters and have over 5 years of experience I say 30% to 35% with no hourly wage.