Global Window Films

armolanusa.com
Global Window Films

armolanusa.com
TonyG

Pay rate for tint employees

39 posts in this topic

Hello,

We need to hire employees for our tint shop, what is the going rate for employees?  We are in the DC metro area, I've heard some employees make hourly $10-$12/hr plus $7-$8 per car worked, split if two employees work on a car is that about right?  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Well i look forward to you closing in a year or tell trump to ban the wall so you can get illegals to work for you. Many guys on here can agree that pay rate is wrong. i dont how your going to split 17 an hour between two people.

$10 to $12 an hour is about what McDonald's pays isn't it? If you have an experienced tinter, they should be making $45-50k a year minimum whether it be an hourly wage plus commission or strictly commission. Just my opinion.

10 12 or 15

first job $1.25/hr

big upgrade to $3.35/hr

auto aftermarket big raise $200/wk 6 days

Always thought if I could get to $5.50 or even $6/hr I would be set

16 minutes ago, shadytints said:

Always thought if I could get to $5.50 or even $6/hr I would be set

Miss those days??? :D

I kindof do... life was a lot easier back then. :( 

Kids! My first job paid .25 cents a hour cleaning a burger joint. The Chuck Wagon in Tulsa Okrahoma! 

Got to remember gas was 10 cents a gallon :cool

Installers should get 20 / 25 an hour on the low end and Commission at 30 and 40% maybe 25% but at 25% that shop better have some business coming in. Now that im completely in the know of this weird great and sad business i know a good installer shouldn't not be at 25%. I dont know about you guys but here in California it doesn't make sense to do this job for 15/ 18hr as installer, when in a few years 15 WILL BE MIN. WAGE. Tinting is physical....very physical i tired as f**k right now and couldn't imagine killing myself for these low wages when most jobs will be paying the same....Did i make any sense?

28 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

Sure! And you didn't even come off like a total dick this time! :thumb:poke 

:blink UHMMM.....You said the D word......tsk tsk! :wrong