tintguy

Building install

Been in the business 15plus on own now, have possible huge job.  Not sure how to price and Looking for advice. 

10,000sq feet. Builder has own product. Not sure how to price job. Odd situation. Thinking per sq foot, Or per pane of glass. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Edited by tintguy

I'd approach this from a standpoint of being an installer for someone and what I would want to walk away with (ex. 1.50 - 2.50$/sq ft). You're in biz to profit so his labor only job will take you away from your normal biz transactions but, still cost you overhead. If he didn't have film, what would your labor, overhead and profit add up to when not adding in your film supply cost?

Approach it like a business person... Measure the job and calculate (Cost of materials + cost of labor) * (growth margin percentage) = bid price 

Assuming you want to grow your business and do more large projects? 

No. I walked away from it. Would have been stepping on another company’s toes

no heat in building, install was single pane glass. Water was freezing along frame

Condos going up for sale in spring. Can’t imagine the backlash from customers who are paying for a view. But have bad tint job

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.