Jump to content
“Patterns.3M”

Xpel

armolanusa.com
Patterns.3M

Xpel

armolanusa.com
Sign in to follow this  
IPATinting

Dodge charger

Recommended Posts

It’s an anti-fog coating it makes the slip bead up. To this day I have not found a solution that can take it off. The only thing that works is tinting it and letting it fully cure and removing it. The tint will remove the anti-fog. On the plus side once tinted removing the film is usually super easy and won’t leave any adhesive. Cars that have this require extra work like removing panels or seals to make the install go faster because you don’t have a lot of time. I use a two bottle set up. One spray bottle with limited slip for roll ups and a pump bottle with extra soap  for back windows and for the bottom of roll ups so that it’s easier to tuck. The cars with anti fog I’ll use the pump sprayer for rolls up. 

Edited by smookee408@yahoo.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IPATinting said:

Quick question, so i tinted a Dodge Charger today, and jeez did it seem hard to me. I did fine with rear window shrink and install, but the sides, i had lots of trouble keeping the film from sticking,  i ended up using more slip than normal which still led to sticking, but I got through it and it turned out fine. My question is, why did i have to use more slip on this car. I have a measuring bottle with a mark on it so i have consistent solution. I  use this solution on every other job and it’s the perfect mix. Is this car considered to have “sticky” windows?

How did you clean the glass and what product did you use to clean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2017 at 2:15 AM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

It’s an anti-fog coating it makes the slip bead up. To this day I have not found a solution that can take it off. The only thing that works is tinting it and letting it fully cure and removing it. The tint will remove the anti-fog. On the plus side once tinted removing the film is usually super easy and won’t leave any adhesive. Cars that have this require extra work like removing panels or seals to make the install go faster because you don’t have a lot of time. I use a two bottle set up. One spray bottle with limited slip for roll ups and a pump bottle with extra soap  for back windows and for the bottom of roll ups so that it’s easier to tuck. The cars with anti fog I’ll use the pump sprayer for rolls up. 

Never thought about that thanks a lot will try it next time i have this issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2017 at 11:33 AM, Tint Slayer said:

How did you clean the glass and what product did you use to clean?

Razor scraped, white scrubbied all with tint slime solution, clear crush squeegee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IPATinting said:

Razor scraped, white scrubbied all with tint slime solution, clear crush squeegee

I don't think Tint Slime is meant for cleaning, should use Dawn 4X or the like for cleaning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tinted a 2017 Charger on Saturday.  This charger did not have  non fog coating.  I just installed using tint slim.  NO issues.  If you had a charger that beaded up your slip, it had to be a customer installed coating.  There is a possibility that your customer used Rain X glass cleaner on the inside of their windows and that was beading up your slip.  

 

 

 

Rain-X-5080233-18-Oz-2-In-1-Foaming-Glass-Cleaner-Rain-Repellent-031193bd-a96a-44cc-ab42-d60cdf7bbb4a_600.jpg

 

ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, redneckj said:

I tinted a 2017 Charger on Saturday.  This charger did not have  non fog coating.  I just installed using tint slim.  NO issues.  If you had a charger that beaded up your slip, it had to be a customer installed coating.  There is a possibility that your customer used Rain X glass cleaner on the inside of their windows and that was beading up your slip.  

 

 

 

Rain-X-5080233-18-Oz-2-In-1-Foaming-Glass-Cleaner-Rain-Repellent-031193bd-a96a-44cc-ab42-d60cdf7bbb4a_600.jpg

 

ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg

 

Is Tint Slime intended for cleaning or just for slip? I haven't used it yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Is Tint Slime intended for cleaning or just for slip? I haven't used it yet. 

It’s for cleaning and slip great stuff! Hopefully i don’t come across any more fog coatings because it made install a pain in the ass lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×