Jump to content
Express Window Films

Tint Club
Express Window Films

Tint Club
Bolts38

Formula 1 Stratus 70 vs AB80 for windshield?

Recommended Posts

A friend of mine had Stratos installed to his windshield only to find that the absorption rate of that film (radiating off the glass/film into the front seat area) still had him bustin' a sweat in the sun with AC running. It was summarily removed and replaced with another product. Try using a Huper Optic or 3m Crystalline for the windscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/2/2018 at 7:42 AM, smartie2shoes said:

A friend of mine had Stratos installed to his windshield only to find that the absorption rate of that film (radiating off the glass/film into the front seat area) still had him bustin' a sweat in the sun with AC running. It was summarily removed and replaced with another product. Try using a Huper Optic or 3m Crystalline for the windscreen.

 I am planning on installing stratos 70 on my windshield and just trying to fathom the cost of 200 bucks is worth it. So from what your saying it didnt work as good as advertised? I am in Miami so trying to block all the Ray's i can in my car. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/2/2018 at 5:42 AM, smartie2shoes said:

A friend of mine had Stratos installed to his windshield only to find that the absorption rate of that film (radiating off the glass/film into the front seat area) still had him bustin' a sweat in the sun with AC running. It was summarily removed and replaced with another product. Try using a Huper Optic or 3m Crystalline for the windscreen.

Do these perform better do only dealers have these  ???

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, mr.lee008 said:

 I am planning on installing stratos 70 on my windshield and just trying to fathom the cost of 200 bucks is worth it. So from what your saying it didnt work as good as advertised? I am in Miami so trying to block all the Ray's i can in my car. 

Better served with AIR (ok) or Huper Optik (next choice) or Crystalline (best choice).

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, IcEWoLF said:

Have any of you installed the Stratus 70 on a Subaru equipped with eyesight?

I want to have my windshield tinted...

 

You can't install window tint on that windshield.  It messes with the Subaru system and can be a several thousand fix.  Subaru actually released information stating not to tint it.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

 

You can't install window tint on that windshield.  It messes with the Subaru system and can be a several thousand fix.  Subaru actually released information stating not to tint it.

Bummer :/

I wish the eyesight would be enclosed to the windows so this way it would have been nice to tint it around it.

But safety first, I guess I will need to start wearing sunglasses with contacts.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

Bummer :/

I wish the eyesight would be enclosed to the windows so this way it would have been nice to tint it around it.

But safety first, I guess I will need to start wearing sunglasses with contacts.

 

Found the original thread talking about it...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×