spacer
suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
spacer
Prim3e

Expected pay per vehicle tinting at a dealership?

I will be accepting a job at my local dealership to work in their tint shop( i am in the southeastern USA). I have almost a year of tinting experience so im not brand new to it, but what should i ask to be paid for doing a full sedan( honda accord, honda civic, etc.) and for a 2 door vehicle (SUV). I will also be applying paint protection(which i know how to do) on the door edges and door cups of every vehicle I tint.

I will be going to speak with the manager and negotiating my commission next week and I have no idea how much to ask for because of the paint protection ill be applying after the tint. Most dealers in the area pay $45/ 4 window car (full sedan including back glass) and $25/2 door vehicle, but this rate of pay is only for tinting the windows not applying paint protection so I need help with a solid number to ask for. 

4 hours ago, Prim3e said:

I will be accepting a job at my local dealership to work in their tint shop( i am in the southeastern USA). I have almost a year of tinting experience so im not brand new to it, but what should i ask to be paid for doing a full sedan( honda accord, honda civic, etc.) and for a 2 door vehicle (SUV). I will also be applying paint protection(which i know how to do) on the door edges and door cups of every vehicle I tint.

I will be going to speak with the manager and negotiating my commission next week and I have no idea how much to ask for because of the paint protection ill be applying after the tint. Most dealers in the area pay $45/ 4 window car (full sedan including back glass) and $25/2 door vehicle, but this rate of pay is only for tinting the windows not applying paint protection so I need help with a solid number to ask for. 

Your "1" key must not be working, i think you meant maybe $145 for a full car (still too cheap) and $125 for a 2 door.

Screw that!  I was a flat rate technician that also tinted at the dealership.  They supplied everything to do the job. And a 4 door sedan-(mostly fusions and focus) paid 4.5 hours.... times that by my pay grade was $112.50 per car. A 2 door glass job was 2 hours which paid $50. We also did door edge guard and handle cups. Flat pay of 3 hours for them or $75.  If you go for $25 and $45 per car they’re takin extreme advantage of you!  I’m also in the southeast. Athens GA was where dealership was located.  If you have experience and are bringing a trade to them to make big money off of.... make them pay for it!!!  Remember a dealership will normally take a $160 tint job and mark it up to $299-599 depending on the sale.  Best of luck!!

Accepting a job at the local dealership. Are you working independently or for a dealership program? Are they preloading or cherry picking? Are they wanting to pay you through the dealership as an employee? A number of variables exist here. If you can spit the details, I could tell you exactly how to approach it. I actually helped several installers get their own gig and placement in Georgia dealerships. Don’t get boned....

Cheers 

1 hour ago, drtint said:

Accepting a job at the local dealership. Are you working independently or for a dealership program? Are they preloading or cherry picking? Are they wanting to pay you through the dealership as an employee? A number of variables exist here. If you can spit the details, I could tell you exactly how to approach it. I actually helped several installers get their own gig and placement in Georgia dealerships. Don’t get boned....

Cheers 

I will be employed by the dealership and will be paid as one of their employees. Idk what you mean by cherry picking/pre loading but I will be tinting and applying paint protection to every new vehicle on the lot. They will be providing all the tools, plotter, and film. 

I appreciate the help because I have no idea what a solid commission is 

7 hours ago, CnCCustoms said:

Screw that!  I was a flat rate technician that also tinted at the dealership.  They supplied everything to do the job. And a 4 door sedan-(mostly fusions and focus) paid 4.5 hours.... times that by my pay grade was $112.50 per car. A 2 door glass job was 2 hours which paid $50. We also did door edge guard and handle cups. Flat pay of 3 hours for them or $75.  If you go for $25 and $45 per car they’re takin extreme advantage of you!  I’m also in the southeast. Athens GA was where dealership was located.  If you have experience and are bringing a trade to them to make big money off of.... make them pay for it!!!  Remember a dealership will normally take a $160 tint job and mark it up to $299-599 depending on the sale.  Best of luck!!

Wow! Yeah I’m definitely being underpaid big time. I still haven’t accepted the job so I still have some negotiating power.

how many years of experience do you have?

41 minutes ago, Prim3e said:

Wow! Yeah I’m definitely being underpaid big time. I still haven’t accepted the job so I still have some negotiating power.

how many years of experience do you have?

Over 12 years... but when I worked for the dealership as a technician. I only had about 8 years of part time 

Thats actually the same rate some dealer offered me. That would only be appropriate if it was an unskilled trade that took one days to learn.  Plus as mentioned they charge minimally a few hundred dollars. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.