Jump to content
Ted in Ontario Ca.

New Ford Explorer back door wings

Recommended Posts

every thing i have done to try and eliminate gaps have failed.  im convinced the only way to do these quarters and not gap them is to pull the glass.  even the clear liner with a sharpie pattern dont work. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, poppawilly67 said:

every thing i have done to try and eliminate gaps have failed.  im convinced the only way to do these quarters and not gap them is to pull the glass.  even the clear liner with a sharpie pattern dont work. 

You can't pull them either the molding is attached to the glass like the Mercedes. 

Share this post


Link to post

I stripped an explorer yesterday that had the same gaps...Been a while since I have tinted one, but it seems you can just trim the edge of the gasket on the inside and tuck behind? I did a bunch of police explorers about a year ago and don't recall an issue. 

 

Edited by Sunbreakers

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

I stripped an explorer yesterday that had the same gaps...Been a while since I have tinted one, but it seems you can just trim the edge of the gasket on the inside and tuck behind? I did a bunch of police explorers about a year ago and don't recall an issue. 

 

Police explorers are different, they have a black border around them. Trimming in my experience only makes it worse.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, Jh812...I did not recall that difference, but certainly worth noting for future reference and I guess explains why I didn't notice a problem. Wonder why they would put two different types of quarters in the same vehicle..seems like a costly maneuver. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

Thanks, Jh812...I did not recall that difference, but certainly worth noting for future reference and I guess explains why I didn't notice a problem. Wonder why they would put two different types of quarters in the same vehicle..seems like a costly maneuver. 

 

 

Because :ford:lol I just did two of the police model last week so it was fresh in my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post

I appreciate the heads up...I don't have many requests for an all around on those by the average customer even with the 50-80% ceramic on the back will be night and day difference sales pitch....most just want me to match the fronts

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×