Patterns.3M
spacer
“Patterns.3M”
spacer
SimonI

Dry application of PPF

Yeah like minty said, dry app only works for small pieces. even smartphones can be tricky doing it dry apply. 

I had a MB C63S come in, they wanted the whole piano black centre console done in PPF, at first I said no because it would have to be wet applied and I would have to remove the whole piece out of the car and then remove all the electronics out of it in order to do it wet, and they say ok do that lol, so I just charged accordingly...

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

Hi Simon,

Yes of course you can use slip solution, we have our own patterns and install a lot of interiors, here are some examples. even the navigation screen on the E class.

IMG_2172.jpg.51953dd8a1321441589b12864c5cb9a2.jpgIMG_2173.jpg.f727b06f11e11a43f71c66fe79b6f7bf.jpgIMG_2178.jpg.d2d15d517dc2f17fe80f4d4119261919.jpgIMG_2183.jpg.41fcde57a9b5bd361c7a152548056d17.jpgIMG_2171.jpg.33b198ed895f825957b4cbb93c0dbda5.jpgIMG_1922.jpg.9301d41e2ade2deadb3c058fddb95780.jpgIMG_2193.jpg.3f88c26f027777fc6dee0158efe7431a.jpgIMG_2179.jpg.91ba25a4f8b60fc22cb11c3df5d1c07d.jpgIMG_2151.jpg.6bcc57e4cfd14fdfd7141c7a817f904c.jpg/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2151.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2179.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2193.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_1922.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2171.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2183.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2178.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2173.jpg
/Users/DavidO/Downloads/IMG_2172.jpg

Thank You all for Your input! I considered this topic closed and did not revisit the thread for a while and now I see a lot of additional info — I really appreciate it. Now I know for sure that dry application will not fly but also feel more confident to use wet application with minimal amount of slip. I refused the business then but I know the client is still looking for a solution so I will contact him again. 

Once again, many thanks to You all!

Simon

3 hours ago, SimonI said:

Thank You all for Your input! I considered this topic closed and did not revisit the thread for a while and now I see a lot of additional info — I really appreciate it. Now I know for sure that dry application will not fly but also feel more confident to use wet application with minimal amount of slip. I refused the business then but I know the client is still looking for a solution so I will contact him again. 

Once again, many thanks to You all!

Simon

Great question asked in your original post. I wouldn't attempt dry laminating of PPF for a paying customer; even after extensive practice on items I own.

I apply PPF to many things but not to paint. Using it as a book-cover, repairing shoes, door panel grips, laminating to posters, smartphone, walk-behind mower handles, seal packages for mailing or moving and a plethora of other 'dry' installs (were moving and my list is packed up). I was going to write a book and name it '101 Ways to Install Paint Protection Film Just Not on Paint'.

Dry is tricky as already stated and surmise. Laminating it to books or posters is a one shot deal however, not impossible when you think outside the box. Largest poster I have successfully laminated was a 24 x 36. I've done dry laminating using 4-mil clear safety film too.

All those interior patterns!! That would make the install much easier and use minimal slip 👌🏼 . Who’s patterns are those??

Thank You guys for constant feedback on this topic, very interesting conversation we have here. Seems

I UP the question from @VON, @DavidOG can You let us know who offers pre cut patterns on interiors as we can see on Your pictures? Those look really nice and accurate.

Thanks!

Simon

On 12/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, SimonI said:

Thank You guys for constant feedback on this topic, very interesting conversation we have here. Seems

I UP the question from @VON, @DavidOG can You let us know who offers pre cut patterns on interiors as we can see on Your pictures? Those look really nice and accurate.

Thanks!

Simon

Hi Guys, 

This are our own patterns, we sell the pre cut kit and we can ship to USA no problem,  we have Mazdas, BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi etc. send me a DM and we can discuss your needs. 

Regards.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.