Xpel

armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com

Patterns.3M

Xpel

armolanusa.com
Sign in to follow this  
quality tintz

Can i get a 24inch or 30 inch plotter for sides only???

I'm sure you could but why? The cost difference to step up to a larger, more capable plotter isn't going to be that much in the long run. Your cutting software is going to cost the same regardless of whether you're doing just sides or all around. Also consider that fitment issues with plotted patterns are most prevalent in the side windows. 

my first plotter i got was a 48" in the end it wasn't large enough once I started to a bunch of full PPF packages. I ended up getting the 64" in the end anyways.

if you do window film only then i would atleast get a 40" plotter so u can do back windows. Cost difference is most likely only 1000 bucks 

if you plan on doing ppf I would say 64"

Some dude in one of the other groups told me he had a 24" plotter that he had gotten for nothing and was using it but not much on back glass. So i called around assuming a 24" would be cheaper, oddly enough it's not much cheaper and not worth buying a 24" over a 40". I even called the people at FVD for some guidance on the 24" or 40" and it was the same, not big enough price difference to warrant buying a 24". the 40" is best  bang for buck as it's also one of the more popular in other trades as well.

Back when i was doing steel drawings in the 90's we plotted out our 24"x36" drawings on a 40" pen plotter. Maybe call a couple architectural firms and ask if they have an old plotter for sale as most have changed from plotters to large format printers and copiers in the past decade.

Edited by Tint Slayer