Xpel

armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M

Xpel

armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com

22 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

You may have an air pocket @Roach is the re a cap on the radiator or the overflow? 

Cap on the radiator. When I flushed everything I bled it how they said to do it on the tubes... and ya know, only experts post vids. :lol2

22 minutes ago, Bham said:

@Roach  I'm still going with, it's the heater core going out.  That is why the heat inside is sporadic.   It costs about $65.00 for a heater core.  The install can cost anywhere from $600 to $1300 depending on shops.  It took me and my stepson about 8 hours to do the install. It's not easy but can be done with help of a friend.   

Unfortunately well beyond my payscale.. so I'll have to have the shop do it. I was going to take it today... but with it almost being the weekend I don't want to just have it there and no car to use. Might drop it off on Monday. :dunno

@Roach If your floorboard is wet or the windows are kind of slimmy. It's the heater core leaking. if it's clogged the truck would run hot

Edited by OverLord

9 minutes ago, Roach said:

Let's assume it is the heater core...  aside from not having heat, does it effect the engine negatively at all?

It will if you don't bypass it.  You can bypass the lines at the firewall on the passenger side.  It might be the cheapest route to go at this point.  Just have the shop cap the proper lines, but you won't have any heat or defrost.  So fogging windows on the inside could be an issue.  

13 hours ago, Roach said:

And on top of everything I lost the Vermont deal.  :wrong

(movie reference - 10 points if you know it!)

FWIF - It was "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

After his mom picks up his sister from the police station and they get home, his mom is telling his dad what happened with his sister and she says  that line.

38 minutes ago, Bham said:

It will if you don't bypass it.

I've never had one go on me... but like.. I went out around lunch and it did the wonky thing with the gage & hot/cold air... but after like 20 min, it just was normal.

I assume this isn't something that either works or doesn't work, but can be off and on like that so it's kindof sorta working sometimes but not always?

Good thing is I'm not working much.. so I dont have to drive far all that often where it would be a major issue to breakdown. Of course, that's also the bad thing since I dont have a ton of money to spend on this.

Edited by Roach