Sign in to follow this  
dre4runner

Help w/ tint darkness %

Hello all. My question is what percentage tint should I get to keep it as stock looking for the rear windows of a 2005 Sequoia w/ stock privacy glass already installed? I don't want it to be dark since my wife drives the vehicle and she sometimes has trouble driving at night so I want to keep it as original as possible when looking through it. Will a 50% tint keep it as original or should I go w/ 70%? My choices of tint will either be the Formula One Pinnacle/Stratos or 3M Crystalline. As far as price goes, both the Stratos or Crystalline are both priced the same while the Pinnacle is a tad cheaper. 

Thanks for your help and input.

Are you wanting to add a window film to the rear windows, but don't want to make it much darker?  If so, the lightest possible option, so 70-90% would be the best.

Yes. I’d like to add film in the rear windows. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Are you wanting to add a window film to the rear windows, but don't want to make it much darker?  If so, the lightest possible option, so 70-90% would be the best.

Question, will a 50% film make the rear windows with the privacy glass that much darker? Just trying to come up with options. I’m debating if I should mix and match the Pinnacle and Stratos with the 50% Pinnacle for my front doors and the Stratos 70% for the rear half of the vehicle or just do the whole SUV with 50% Pinnacle and Air 80 on the windshield.

9 hours ago, dre4runner said:

Question, will a 50% film make the rear windows with the privacy glass that much darker? Just trying to come up with options. I’m debating if I should mix and match the Pinnacle and Stratos with the 50% Pinnacle for my front doors and the Stratos 70% for the rear half of the vehicle or just do the whole SUV with 50% Pinnacle and Air 80 on the windshield.

50% is not going to be a huge difference, but the visibility will be cut in half.  So say the stock glass is 30%, it will now be 15% roughly.

50% is not going to be a huge difference, but the visibility will be cut in half.  So say the stock glass is 30%, it will now be 15% roughly.

@DynamicATL I remember seeing a post where you posted an image of the various tint percentages on two different interiors, one being dark and one being light, and the effects on how the tint looks like with two different interiors. Do you think you could repost it here if it’s not a problem? Thanks. I can’t remember where I saw the post.

2 hours ago, dre4runner said:

@DynamicATL I remember seeing a post where you posted an image of the various tint percentages on two different interiors, one being dark and one being light, and the effects on how the tint looks like with two different interiors. Do you think you could repost it here if it’s not a problem? Thanks. I can’t remember where I saw the post.

41347579221_337118a5de_b.jpg

26475878727_c84bd6c252_b.jpg