Xpel

armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com
Xpel

armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com
TintDude

Off Topic Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Bham said:

What I do when I’m slow and bored. :twiddlethumbs  

 

Chocolate-peanut butter banana bread with peanut butter glaze. 

 

[pic removed]

 

 

There used to be a PB back in the 70s called Koogle, it was PB and banana mixed. Of course because like with everything i like they discontinued it. Gonna throw some PB and banana in my blender now that i'm thinking about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

@Tint SlayerTry keep keeping your shovel in the house..... getting it nice and warm.

Then take it outside and see how fast you change your mind.

 

OOOOR try sticking your warm wet tongue on a cold dry flagpole.... I triple dog dare you

 

 

 

The idea is to keep it heated, not take the heat away when you need it, in the early 1900's i believe the railways had steam heated plows. But i'll get back to you after i get my tongue off this stupid flagpole, i never turn down the triple dog dare dammit.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

 

The idea is to keep it heated, not take the heat away when you need it, in the early 1900's i believe the railways had steam heated plows. But i'll get back to you after i get my tongue off this stupid flagpole, i never turn down the triple dog dare dammit.

 

 

Google says there was a Patent filed in 1919 approved in 1921. Its not clear if one was ever built.

 

I'm going to guess that keeping the full blade heated would be problematic resulting in buildup much like what is shown in the jet powered melter vid.

 

https://patents.google.com/patent/US1376741A/en

 

US1376741-drawings-page-1.png

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

 

 

Google says there was a Patent filed in 1919 approved in 1921. Its not clear if one was ever built.

 

I'm going to guess that keeping the full blade heated would be problematic resulting in buildup much like what is shown in the jet powered melter vid.

 

https://patents.google.com/patent/US1376741A/en

 

 

 

You actually googled it? I  I think the problem with many great ideas is money. I think just the plow trains alone are a major expense. New idea, heated flagpoles.

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

 

There used to be a PB back in the 70s called Koogle, it was PB and banana mixed. Of course because like with everything i like they discontinued it. Gonna throw some PB and banana in my blender now that i'm thinking about it. 

 

I  used to like the Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks with the banana in them.  They are no longer available either. :dang 

 

The bread turned out great though. Yummy :drool 

Share this post


Link to post

When I was in Public school in the '70's Hostess used our school to test potato chip flavours.

 

Kind of glad Orange and Grape flavour potato chips did not survive.

 

Now if only we can convince Doritos to put the "Limited Edition "Late Night Nacho flavor on the permanent list. I've eaten probably 20 large bags of them and cant find more!

To put this in perspective...I would maybe eat 3 or 4 snack size bags a year until I had these. Damn they are good!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.