Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
finishlineautosports

Whose at fault

Have customers 2016 LR Discovery Sport in the shop, brought it in out of the cold to add a sunstrip to windshield. Applied film and started to squeegee and notice some spiders in the windshield begin to show up. Turns out there is a chip at the very top of the windshield on the exterior so wondering how to explain this to customer. Anybody ever have something like this happen?

1 hour ago, finishlineautosports said:

Have customers 2016 LR Discovery Sport in the shop, brought it in out of the cold to add a sunstrip to windshield. Applied film and started to squeegee and notice some spiders in the windshield begin to show up. Turns out there is a chip at the very top of the windshield on the exterior so wondering how to explain this to customer. Anybody ever have something like this happen?

How long did it sit inside before work started?

:lol6

Your story brought back this recent event:

The last snow we had here (16" few weeks back) broke my Jeep windshield. It was the reverse of pouring hot water on a cold windshield whereby, residual chunk of snow slid off the roof onto the windshield at a stop light. It was sunny that day and the glass was warmed and when I stopped the snow slid and I heard this pahtink sound. Oh fudge!! Turned the wiper on and there it was, right across the driver's view and half way across before heading down toward the passenger side wiper. Those black border coatings will have the edges hot in the sun. Dammit. I didn't run it through insurance.

Edited by Tintguy1980

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this