armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com

Xpel

armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com

Sign in to follow this  
TinterforLife

How do you guys do it?

Market windshield tinting when it's only legal in Hawaii, North Dakota, And Ohio? Do you tell the customer? Or do you just upsell them figuring know one is ever going to say anything? The whole idea seems absolutely crazy to install something illegal and not say anything, but it happens around me often. 

Most of our customers purchase Ceramic or Crystalline, so tinting the windshield comes up often when they are looking for heat rejection.  I would say 60% of the time they ask for it, 40% of the time we promote it.  We let them know if they are looking to block heat, then they should think about tinting the windshield because it is the biggest window in their vehicle.  We let them know we have 50% if they are looking to add a little shade to it or up to 80%/90% if they would like to keep it clear.  We then let them know that technically it is illegal to tint the windshield which is why we carry such light shades to ensure it won't be noticed.  Our goal has always been to be honest, explain the pros/cons including it being illegal and let the customer decide for themselves.

Wi

15 hours ago, TinterforLife said:

Market windshield tinting when it's only legal in Hawaii, North Dakota, And Ohio? Do you tell the customer? Or do you just upsell them figuring know one is ever going to say anything? The whole idea seems absolutely crazy to install something illegal and not say anything, but it happens around me often. 

Tinting a windshield in WA is legal when you use 70% or 80% film.  Ive tinted LOTS of police car windshields for a department near me.  

Here is Hawaii we can have total VLT at 70% for windshields. We use Wincos 90. Passes every time. We do 3-400 windshields/year. Before it was legal, people would just ask for it. We used to do about 150/year before it was legal 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this