Patterns.3M
Stek-USA
spacer
“Patterns.3M”
“Stek-USA”
spacer

Edge Prep/Probond is a solvent. If you put it on a before install it is going to dissipate for lack of a better term. Use it right before you press the area down.  Just let it dry for a few sec and it will stick. 

I normally clean the back side of the hood with 99% alcohol or adhesive remover.  I install the hood then flush the film that will wrap around to the back side of the hood with my Tac solution (8oz 99% alcohol and the rest distilled water).  After that,  I blow dry with compressed air.  Let air dry while installing more Xpel.  Then come back with the heat gun,  warm the film that will wrap and wrap away.  Never a problem with the Xpel sticking while using this system.  

You shouldn't need either of those. Just a little heat underneath to get the film to grab and tack should do the trick. I've done several of those without needing any type of adhesive promoter. It's not necessary. 

On 2/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, PPFdistributing said:

You shouldn't need either of those. Just a little heat underneath to get the film to grab and tack should do the trick. I've done several of those without needing any type of adhesive promoter. It's not necessary. 

Same here, have done 3 or 4 full Range Rover hoods including the latest SVR with the vents. I find some make the mistake of trying to wrap too much film round the edge which makes it more prone to fingering as you wrap it round. 7/8mm works well in my experience and won’t creep back. 

Edited by Clark

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.