Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Bok Choy

35% front and back 50% rear?

I’m new to this forum. I hope I posted in the correct category. The state law where I live is no tint on the front windshield, 50% front, 35% back and rear. I recently purchased a used vehicle with 50% all around except the front windshield. I want to change it to 35% but I don’t want to have the rear tint removed and risk damaging the defogger. Should I do 35% for the front and back windows and keep the rear 50%? Has anyone done that? Thanks for any help. 

You could it probably wouldn't be crazy different. You typically look through just the back glass with the rear view mirror and not side by side so I don't think it would be terrible. What kind of car is it?

22 minutes ago, jh812 said:

You could it probably wouldn't be crazy different. You typically look through just the back glass with the rear view mirror and not side by side so I don't think it would be terrible. What kind of car is it?

It’s a BMW 3 series. I agree with you, looking from the inside it would be ok. But what about the outside?

3 hours ago, Bok Choy said:

2016 coupe. 

The film could easily be removed from that without damage. I would redo the entire vehicle. They’ll probably give you a better deal doing the entire vehicle, at least I do.  I actually removed the 2 fronts yesterday on a 2000 Lexus GL400(had purple limo all around) I knew better to not try an upsell the back half of that, because all of it would need to be razored off! 

Ok, I've only had a defrost come apart on the outgoing 3 series sedan. Chinese glass. If it's stamped fuyao on the glass then I'd be concerned with removal. Also had issues with the first version of the x6. That window shouldn't be real expensive to have replaced if need be. Adding a second layer of 50% may get you the look you want. However the defrost lines may be more noticeable at night the way the headlights are seen in rear view mirror. The low angle of the window makes it noticeable to some customers. If it were mine I'd go somewhere reputable, and just redo it.

54 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

Ok, I've only had a defrost come apart on the outgoing 3 series sedan. Chinese glass. If it's stamped fuyao on the glass then I'd be concerned with removal. Also had issues with the first version of the x6. That window shouldn't be real expensive to have replaced if need be. Adding a second layer of 50% may get you the look you want. However the defrost lines may be more noticeable at night the way the headlights are seen in rear view mirror. The low angle of the window makes it noticeable to some customers. If it were mine I'd go somewhere reputable, and just redo it.

Thanks for your help. Any chance you are located in VA? Instead of removing the tint from all the windows, my initial intent was to keep the rear at 50% and replace front and back windows with 35%. I was wondering how this would look from from the outside at an angle when you can see the rear and side windows.