suntekfilms
armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com

Patterns.3M

Xpel

suntekfilms.com
mstint1997

Thoughts on a local film company film

I am about to order my first few rolls. My friend owns a small film company that sells locally, and i know a few shops use it. His ceramic film has a 99.1% UV rate and 90% IR rate at 6%. he has a spectrum transmission meter he showed me with his ceramic tint and it did those numbers. has 10 year warranty. They are around $380 for 5x100 ft. It looks good. Should I go with his or suntek or solar gaurd. He has better prices, and it still seems to be high quality. 

What are your thoughts? 

You get what you pay for. Cheap stuff is always good to learn on, but do yourself and the rest of us a favor and use name brand quality stuff for the public. The warranty is only as good as the dealer/distributor network. If your "friend" stops selling it is there another distributor? Solar guard and Suntek have their own horror stories though some have good experiences with them. You might try solar FX or Express window films. They are good products and known to last. You don't see or hear anything bad about those two. Plus the distributors are great folks. @whitehog sells solar fx. Hope this helps. 

Pretty likely Solar Gard and SunTek will be around in 10 years to fill your warranty claims...and your other guy ......? 

Okay. I see the concern. I forgot to mention his company has been around for 3-4 years. So I shouldn’t give him a chance? It isn’t too much cheaper where I’d expect it to be so low quality 

8 hours ago, mstint1997 said:

Okay. I see the concern. I forgot to mention his company has been around for 3-4 years. So I shouldn’t give him a chance? It isn’t too much cheaper where I’d expect it to be so low quality

Yea I am, but what's the point of replying or being on a forum if you just say "newbees... lol" and provide no value? 

Edited by mstint1997

Ok, I"ll bite. .What is the name of this film company? What is the name of the film? Hard to help you when there is this "mystery" around who and what it is. If you really are serious about wanting help, then give us the info so we can honestly advise. However, I can tell you now....you are on the wrong path. The only thing you will accomplish with film like this is two lessons....how to put it on and how to take it off...1-3 years later I would bet. 

Edited by Sunbreakers

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.