armolanusa.com

tintwiz.com

Patterns.3M

Xpel

suntekfilms.com
Sign in to follow this  
pbalentine

No more convertibles

Glad to say i will f’ing never tint one again!  Just did one and had trouble with the bg and told the guy i aint doing it. He was cool with it and I just did the fronts.  Next customer that calls asking for a quote on one; my reply will be ‘F that!”

I probably do one a year if that, so wont matter. The risk of damaging the top alone makes these not worth doing.  Plus, theres never enough room to clean and install. Just f’ them all!!

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

So you had a pretty good day then 😂

Haha!! I actually did think, this ruined my entire day!! Im kinda still pissed thinking of it.  

6 hours ago, TINT said:

i dont get it, what kind of conv was it? who owns in AZ anyway:joedirt

It was a Fiat Spider.  I agree, its too hot for convertbles here. 

So what was the issue? Not being smug, but I don’t usually have an issue with any convertibles. Lay the film on the back window, instead of cutting use your white hard card to mark all the way around it. Transfer it to your peel board. Cut a little larger than 1/4” off the mark. Heat bottom. Shift down. Heat top. Every once in a while I’ll need to slightly trim on the inside, but it’s a rarity. 

I had the perimeter perfect. Traced with dry erase marker and trimmed 1/8” around it. Problem was that weird defroster tab with 2 wires on the side. I tried doing full coverage by doing 2 small slits, since the wires would not detach.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this