armolanusa.com
spacer
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
spacer

I just recently switched to Llumar tint and am having trouble with the film curling or rolling in on itself. As soon as I pull the liner off, the film wants to curl up. Anyone had this issue? I’m coming from xpel film and never had this issue 

I've dealt with it for 15 years, :dunno occasionally I'll get a roll that wants to go full on fruit roll up. But it's still manageable, I'm told a little curl is helpful for install but my experience with other films is minimal so I can't really offer a comparison.

2 hours ago, highplains said:

Just out of curiosity why the switch? I've heard good things about Xpel's film. Sorry I don't have any insight on the curling issue as I've never used Llumar beyond a sample. 

I went to a new dealership and that’s what they use.

2 hours ago, no ma'am said:

I've dealt with it for 15 years, :dunno occasionally I'll get a roll that wants to go full on fruit roll up. But it's still manageable, I'm told a little curl is helpful for install but my experience with other films is minimal so I can't really offer a comparison.

I had to reprint out like every window my first day because it kept fruit roll upping on me. I think because it’s thinner then it doesn’t keep its shape as well and it’s rolled onto the core opposite. I definitely think the curl makes it more difficult than easier but maybe I’ll get used to it

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.