tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
ericferguson8

New windshield, time for tint. 50% vs 70%

I do all my shields in Global QDPC 70% - have this on my personal vehicles as well and I love it.  Most of the time when I measure VLT after install it comes in around 61%.  

Lots of people think 70% is too light, but if you compare side by side the 70% does add a pretty good shade to the windshield.

@Apex TintDo you find customers tend to complain about the color of the QDPC 70%? I have it on my sample board along with all the other Global shades and it almost appears to have a greenish hue or even a "Kakhi" color as some have called it. I have a hard time selling it because of the coloration I find at times. Just curious about your experience. 

12 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

@Apex TintDo you find customers tend to complain about the color of the QDPC 70%? I have it on my sample board along with all the other Global shades and it almost appears to have a greenish hue or even a "Kakhi" color as some have called it. I have a hard time selling it because of the coloration I find at times. Just curious about your experience. 

It looks like chit and I sell it haha. I don't think it's as bad once it's installed but it's definitely the least favorite for me. 

I couldn’t agree more.

I can definitely see the greenish/khaki color.

As JH said, it doesn’t look too bad once installed. Undoubtedly not the best looking 70% out there, but I’m impressed with its performance and it has been a valuable film for me to keep in stock.

2 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

2 hours ago, jh812 said:

It looks like chit and I sell it haha. I don't think it's as bad once it's installed but it's definitely the least favorite for me. 

11 minutes ago, Apex Tint said:

I couldn’t agree more.

I can definitely see the greenish/khaki color.

As JH said, it doesn’t look too bad once installed. Undoubtedly not the best looking 70% out there, but I’m impressed with its performance and it has been a valuable film for me to keep in stock.

Have any of you guys tried the 80%? If so how does it compare in appearance? 

59 minutes ago, highplains said:

The 80% Ice Kool is definitely a LLumar Air 80 cousin. Looks blue like the llumar..thicker..but very similar...Strangely I find it to be a little less "sticky" than the the QDP but am told its my imagination. It is definitely a little more blue than the llumar. 

I think the QDP 70% is great to have available and looks good once installed without being able to really notice the coloration...just like the blue 80% films...but for some reason people are discouraged more so it seems. 

1 hour ago, highplains said:

I sell a ton of that and love it. I've got it on two of my personal vehicles.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, Sunbreakers said:

The 80% Ice Kool is definitely a LLumar Air 80 cousin. Looks blue like the llumar..thicker..but very similar...Strangely I find it to be a little less "sticky" than the the QDP but am told its my imagination. It is definitely a little more blue than the llumar. 

I think the QDP 70% is great to have available and looks good once installed without being able to really notice the coloration...just like the blue 80% films...but for some reason people are discouraged more so it seems. 

How do the other ice cool grey VLT's look? they all blue-ish down to the 40% or are any truly grey?

I feel like i'm way to hung up on hue sometimes. I've held up 2 pieces of films (greenish and bronzeish hue) to people and asked which they like better and every one tells me whichever makes me more money. I think we care more than they do.

3 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

How do the other ice cool grey VLT's look? they all blue-ish down to the 40% or are any truly grey?

I feel like i'm way to hung up on hue sometimes. I've held up 2 pieces of films (greenish and bronzeish hue) to people and asked which they like better and every one tells me whichever makes me more money. I think we care more than they do.

So true about we notice more than they do....I can´t speak about the other Ice Kool VLT´s. the 80 is all that is carried by the distributor...or at least that I am aware of. The color vs. money argument is a fine line..I think we are more hung up on shade because usually cheap = awful color and you have to be careful that a customer can visualize his entire car done in a particular film..I remember we once had a discussion on this board where we were talking about film colors and someone remarked that their ideal coloration is a "grey" Turns out Llumar has exactly that coloration across most of their shades and lines. Global to me had a more "bronzy" look across the line except for the QDP 15 and 4% which are very different colors from the rest and the 70 and 80 percentages. I have friends who use solar guard and ASWF and their complaint is the 5% is either purple or blue. I even had a friend come and get some global 4% from me to redo an entire car simply because the customer did not like solar guard 5% and they demanded it be changed...Not sure I would be willing to go that far for an illegal shade, but to each his own. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.