Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
spacer
ericferguson8

New windshield, time for tint. 50% vs 70%

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

How do the other ice cool grey VLT's look? they all blue-ish down to the 40% or are any truly grey?

I feel like i'm way to hung up on hue sometimes. I've held up 2 pieces of films (greenish and bronzeish hue) to people and asked which they like better and every one tells me whichever makes me more money. I think we care more than they do.

The 80 and now 86 are the only two available. IDK if the others are just available oversees or what but you definitely can't find it through distributors here. I called around last year to dragon, express, and solar control. 

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

The 80 and now 86 are the only two available. IDK if the others are just available oversees or what but you definitely can't find it through distributors here. I called around last year to dragon, express, and solar control. 

I think the main limiting factor is cost...I had heard they were even slow to pick up the 80% due to uncertainties. I have discussed other VLTs with distributors and the answer always is "well, it is really expensive and not sure how much of it we would sell." I told them I will take one roll of each and if you carry it....you will sell it...to somebody. They really have some great performance specs and I hear the coloration is a more "grey" look. 

@jh812 do you carry the 86%? If so...what do you think about it and/or what is your market for something like that?

5 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

I think the main limiting factor is cost...I had heard they were even slow to pick up the 80% due to uncertainties. I have discussed other VLTs with distributors and the answer always is "well, it is really expensive and not sure how much of it we would sell." I told them I will take one roll of each and if you carry it....you will sell it...to somebody. They really have some great performance specs and I hear the coloration is a more "grey" look. 

@jh812 do you carry the 86%? If so...what do you think about it and/or what is your market for something like that?

No I don't. I checked on it the other day and the heat rejection was in the 20's similar to crystalline 90. I'm gonna keep sticking the 80 until I have issues with it being it's at 42. 

I always put 70% on my windshields only due to the fact I tint the sides and back windows dark, so I have plenty of privacy. Not to mention I still get 18% glare reduction from my 70% which is plenty for me. No reason to go darker for me personally unless you're not trying to be seen for whatever reason, or you legitimately have a medical reason to go darker.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.