tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
LB55

Influx of installers in the industry?

I see tons of openings for installers for our industry. Why is the demand so high ? Business is that good? Installers retiring ? What is your observation?

If you look around..there are plenty of installers looking for work as well. But it has been my experience ... that many cases, most have been placed in positions where speed  and high volume tend to override the aspect of quality many places that are hiring seek out. I also believe it is a service that requires a true artist's eye and a careful hand. I think many people lack the willingness and patience to learn. I know , between clear film and tint application..our shop tends to be booked about two weeks out all the time.

Manufacturers are desperately trying to encourage existing shop owners to hire and train... the stock pile of future film buyers ...is getting low. Add to that..some of the chain store tint shops are selling a pipe dream to unwitting buyers..only for them to find that once a new hire is trained..they can't keep them locked up in the back room for 8.50 P/H...hence the huge turn over rate. 

I have said it numerous times before. Being a "tinter" is no different than being a house painter, plasterer, lawn mower, carpet installer, or any other un regulated trade where a legitimate license is not required. .. That also adds to the derelict problem in the labor force. 

I don't have the actual numbers, although I'm sure corporates have run them...on how many "tinters" are actual businesses as apposed to hobbyists. If I were to guess.. it's 1 in 60.. maybe worse.. 

Edited by TomTint

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.