tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
dbdreams

Benefits of tinting over factory tint ons trucks, SUVs and vans

In short then, very few cars have laminated glass other than the windshield.  While laminated glass does provide uv protection, it does not generally provide heat reduction.  Except in a few limited exceptions, widow film still has benefits such as heat rejection, uv rejection and safety benefits for installing it on factory tinted windows in trucks, vans and suvs.  Our jobs are safe for a little while longer on the automotive side.  

I know this isn't the proper spot for this comment, but,,,  

what most people don't realize is that all tint, cheap or otherwise, has to have UV inhibitors or else the adhesives would just fall apart.  UV is what causes the degradation of anything exposed to sunlight, temperature does not matter, and without inhibitors or absorbers built in, paints, plastics, vinyl siding and anything with polymers in it would just deteriorate and fall apart.  :thumb 

Edited by Bham

I would really like to see a test on the factory tinted windows on GM trucks and SUVs. Factory tint on these vehicles, to me, doesn't seem do that much as far as heat rejection.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.