Sign in to follow this  
Guest Indecisive

What's more important, tint or shop quality?

Guest Indecisive

Hi all, apologies if this is frowned upon, but I'd like to get some input from the pros before deciding on a tint shop. I've been shopping around for ceramic window tinting for my car and have gotten two quotes, but I don't know which to go for.

Shop A uses Suntek CIR, and quoted ~$700 for all windows, windshield, and sunroof. Shop advertises the work is done in a filtered, positive pressure workspace. I talked to the owner/installer over the phone and he seems very friendly and knowledgeable. I have confidence that this guy will do a good job installing and will fix any issues that might pop up.

Shop B uses Llumar F1 Pinnacle and quoted ~$650 for the same work. No idea about the facilities or installers since I could only talk to their quotes and scheduling people, but they seem to do a lot of good work on cars and buildings according to yelp. Not sure how their customer service is like however.

Not saying B is a shady business or anything and I'm sure they can do a good job. Both shops claim a lifetime warranty on their work and film, but B just seem more impersonal from my contact with them so far and I don't know how willing they would be to fix any issues further down the line.

My research on this forum seems to indicate that Llumar is the better film compared to Suntek, and shop B is cheaper than A. It's not such a big price difference that its a "too good to be true" situation, so should I be buying based more on the quality of the film, or the installer?

Visit both shops and look at vehicles similar to your own that they are doing. See for yourself the quality and decide from there. 

Guest Indecisive

I see some people mentioning in older posts that suntek films are easily scratched (not sure if its still a problem), and llumar is consistently recommended over it. Is the quality difference really that huge between the CIR and the Pinnacle?

SunTek is Eastmans garden variety line of window film. Eastman who also owns Llumar and the Pinacle line..likes to promote the Pinicle line as one of their premium brands. ..Does it mean the film is better? ...maybe maybe not..in most cases any difference between them will be negligible at best. What is more important to the end user....( you ) ..is the quality of the job the guy sticking it to your windows does. As I said in my first post. Visit both shops and look at their work for yourself. Just because a tint shop hangs a luxury brand shingle on their building, does not mean they have quality installers inside. In many cases.. they won't. 

Guest Aka Foxy

:yeah

Poor installation turns the best film into :poop

I've seen 30 days experience installers outperform 30 year experience installers.

See their work and insist on knowing which tech did the install.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this