tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
spacer
Pete

2016 Dodge Charger Rear Window mess

I wanted to get some input on the rear window of my Dodge Charger which i just had tinted 8 days ago.  I am bringing it back this Saturday but i know this guy is going to argue with me, because when i picked the car up, he was messing around with the back window for another hour complaining about how thick the defrosters were.  With how many chargers i see on the road i am sure most on here have done a few before.  

Im not sure if it could still be water after a week, if i push it down with my finger it goes away but comes back shortly after which makes me think its air,  is it even possible to fix this or does it have to be done again?  Thank you 

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

Nope that's completely normal for all charger, Challenger, and 300's to look like that after tint. There's absolutely nothing you can do to change it. 

Correction all after 2014 era I think was the year it changed. 

Edited by jh812

@jh812 is correct.  :yeah 

there is “one” thing you can do to fix it :err 

you can razor blade all the defroster lines down, then the film will lay in smooth. Defroster won’t work ever again, but it will look great.  :evilgrin 

I have done quite a few chargers and the prep on the back glass seems to be key to getting film to lay nice on those defrosters. With that being said there isn’t much you can do for how your window is other than redo it, but that is no guarantee it will look better, plus the chance of damaging the defroster is likely and it looks like you have a nice job done on yours.

Some just have thicker lines. I can tell right away by feeling with a finger nail. When they’re really thick, hitting with steel wool just wont do it for me. Last week I did a 16 300 and used 000 steel, followed by lightly sanded the sides (about 5 inches) with 2000 grit. None. 

BTW that Charger BG looks good.  

yep-no problem there at all

some people expect it to look like factory tinted glass-got to remember it is aftermarket and you can't expect perfection-just a really good job(which that is)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.