tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
TQtinting

Torching glass on matrix?

Howdy y’all! :hat  It has been quite a while since I’ve posted hope everyone is doing good! 

Question: will be tinting a Chrysler 300 Saturday with the known lower matrix line. Do you guys typically torch this area from the outside and get it to stick the best you can and deal with best results possible or do something else to help it out? I’m a Dotrix guy but I don’t believe reducing visibility would be real awesome for my customer :eye

I have torched matrix areas before and it turned out OK at best. Unless if I’m just not doing it enough. 

7 hours ago, TQtinting said:

Howdy y’all! :hat  It has been quite a while since I’ve posted hope everyone is doing good! 

Question: will be tinting a Chrysler 300 Saturday with the known lower matrix line. Do you guys typically torch this area from the outside and get it to stick the best you can and deal with best results possible or do something else to help it out? I’m a Dotrix guy but I don’t believe reducing visibility would be real awesome for my customer :eye

I have torched matrix areas before and it turned out OK at best. Unless if I’m just not doing it enough. 

Can you elaborate on what you do when you torch the matrix? Just curious

29 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

Can you elaborate on what you do when you torch the matrix? Just curious

By torching I mean using a torch or heat gun on the outside of the glass in order to get the film to stick to the dot matrix. Getting the glass warm in the matrix area from outside and then squeegee it down.

4 minutes ago, TQtinting said:

By torching I mean using a torch or heat gun on the outside of the glass in order to get the film to stick to the dot matrix. Getting the glass warm in the matrix area from outside and then squeegee it down.

ok that's what i thought, that's what i do too also on the inside a bit

@Tint Slayer Do you have any recommendation as far as this method goes? Meaning do you have any sort of routine you follow? I’ve seen guys mention heating the glass and then using paper towel to run down the film but I didn’t know what works best. I’ve tried this before but always over heat to where it won’t stick or it’s never even across.