Forgive my ignorance when it comes to tint. Here recently I'm learning and understanding some..All I had known that tint = privacy and I pretty much thought all tint was created fairly equal when it came to keeping the car cooler and protecting the interior. I have a 2019 Kia Optima...did a little research looking at reviews..discovered you get some good & bad..so I feel like I'm back to square one.

Upon a recommendation from a trusted friend that has owned higher end vehicles, I had 3m (color stable) installed on the rear windows. Got cold feet when it came to doing the front windows 50% as my friend suggested. Just liery of being sited. I've been told theres like around 70% film that shouldn't have any problem with legally. My concern is I'd like to to the best at (rejecting/reflecting /resistance heat ) in the front ( passenger/driver and windshield ) what's recommended. Thanks

Edited by Tha Milkman

If I'm right 3m color stable is just a dyed film so no real great heat rejection.  

There are lots of film choices in both 70 and 80 that will block a decent about of heat.

6 hours ago, Ryker said:

If I'm right 3m color stable is just a dyed film so no real great heat rejection.  

There are lots of film choices in both 70 and 80 that will block a decent about of heat.

According to 3M it's a "nano carbon" film. In the darker shades heat rejection isn't bad, CS20 has a TSER of 51% but in the lighter shades it's not really any better than a basic dyed film. 

I agree that there's a number of good options in the 70 and 80 % varieties that would be a good option. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.