Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
spacer
IPATinting

Best Squeegee To Clean

I know everybody will have tons or different answers but out of curiosity, what type of squeegee do you guys use to clean. Trying to ditch clear crush, Unger black channel and green turbos just came in. 

I assume you mean your cleaning right before you do an install right? 

When I first started I was trained to use the Unger. I ditched it simply because it has metal and potential for scratches car parts. I also use the yellow turbo for the sides of large windows and for small windows. I have tested out a few others and have chosen the Yellow Go Doctor as my g to cleaning squeegee. 

5 minutes ago, CaliTINT said:

I assume you mean your cleaning right before you do an install right? 

When I first started I was trained to use the Unger. I ditched it simply because it has metal and potential for scratches car parts. I also use the yellow turbo for the sides of large windows and for small windows. I have tested out a few others and have chosen the Yellow Go Doctor as my g to cleaning squeegee. 

Yeah for cleaning,  do you use the go doctor on windshields too? 

I do my cleaning solution with a razor and scrubby then squeegee it off with my Unger black.

Then I do a second pass with my slip solution and squeegee it off with a Fusion Black Turbo.

I use my Gold EZ Reach to make a pass over side seals in both cases.

May not be perfect but seems to work pretty well for me.

I’ve used the six inch unger for close to 40 years. Make the black blade so it hangs over the end of the channel about 3/8 inch so you don’t possibly scratch the top of some door panels. The Fusion Soft Pink Clean in a handee handle is great also if you don’t like the unger.

Went back and forth with everything and the unger wins for me. It never tires your arm, cheapest to swap blade and just cleans better. 6” is too big on some roll ups and doesnt make good contact on really curvy rollups. I trimmed one down to 5” on these and use the 6” mostly for trucks and SUVs.   

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.