armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
spacer
IPATinting

2001 Yukon windshield issue

Well all, today I ran into the first windshield that I couldn’t do. 2001 Yukon with 35% global qdp NR Plus. Could not shrink the corners without film “orange peeling”. Tried stretch shrinking which have never had to do. Is this due to the global film not having enough shrink ability? Any advice would be great.

That windshield really curves from one side to the other. When shrinking corners the gun should be slightly pointing “away” from the vehicle to be shrinking along the factory edge. Id say global shrinks better than most films. 

1 hour ago, drtint said:

Dry or wet shrink? We do a lot of these. Try anchoring closer to the top and you have less to shrink

Dry with soap.

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

That windshield really curves from one side to the other. When shrinking corners the gun should be slightly pointing “away” from the vehicle to be shrinking along the factory edge. Id say global shrinks better than most films. 

Giving it another shot next week, just ready to enjoy the weekend haha.

11 hours ago, jh812 said:

Do like the boys here put a strip on then tint from it down 😂

I did that once to make it easier install! It didnt help. I can shrink any bg and windshield, but install?? I cant install a windshield worth a shiat. I quit after every single one, but somehow try again.  😂

Nissan Murano is always really horrible to tint windshield ! I was using Solargard ultra performance film for the windshield,  and that tint is literally the worst tint for shaping I’ve ever used ! The new vortex is great though ! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.