Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Tint Slayer

Roughest grit sandpaper on glass

On 8/6/2019 at 8:49 AM, jh812 said:

I only wrap them around a hard card for the stiffness. Sanding block I use on matrix. 

Did a 19’ Mustang and did this with 1500. It was 5% and you couldnt even see the lines! Im not sketching on using it on new vehicles anymore. I couldnt drag my nail over the lines, but after sanding could hardly feel the line. I had a 18 Hell Cat Charger last week and was scared to use sandpaper. Spent like 20 minutes pressing peanuts down! Im sanding all that need it now new or old. Thanks to JH!!

5 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Did a 19’ Mustang and did this with 1500. It was 5% and you couldnt even see the lines! Im not sketching on using it on new vehicles anymore. I couldnt drag my nail over the lines, but after sanding could hardly feel the line. I had a 18 Hell Cat Charger last week and was scared to use sandpaper. Spent like 20 minutes pressing peanuts down! Im sanding all that need it now new or old. Thanks to JH!!

Just an FYI the new mustangs don't peanut, at least they haven't for me. I don't do any special prep on them. I've done a ton of chargers and and challengers though and like stated earlier I use 2k with no issues. Keep the glass wet and push one direction not back and forth. 

18 hours ago, jh812 said:

Just an FYI the new mustangs don't peanut, at least they haven't for me. I don't do any special prep on them. I've done a ton of chargers and and challengers though and like stated earlier I use 2k with no issues. Keep the glass wet and push one direction not back and forth. 

Why not back and forth? 

I usually dont get peanuts much with newer mustangs. I cant wait to do a Charger or 300. I’ll move to 2000 grit. I was thinking that if you sand only in horizontal passes the hard card with sand paper glides across the thick lines, barely touching the glass. Keeping the glass wet will help prevent scratching.

Id say shrink technique and film have nothing to do with peanuts. It just the fact that a defroster line is raised and uneven and thats it. Steel wool will only be used to finish off lines that never give issues, like with a Toyota. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this