Express Window Films
spacer
Express Window Films
spacer
tintmasterjon

Where is 3m getting their new ceramic film from?

Good luck with finding that info out.  However, I can assure you that the film is not a rebox of another film, it is a one-off film made for 3M...even their entry-level Obsidian is a one-off film.  Not to mention it has been in the works and testing for over 3 years...no point in testing an already existing product for that long.  Also, compared to other big manufacturer ceramic films, it is actually one of the cheapest priced.

11 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Good luck with finding that info out.  However, I can assure you that the film is not a rebox of another film, it is a one-off film made for 3M...even their entry-level Obsidian is a one-off film.  Not to mention it has been in the works and testing for over 3 years...no point in testing an already existing product for that long.  Also, compared to other big manufacturer ceramic films, it is actually one of the cheapest priced.

i use the obsidian because it feels very similar to color stable which i believe must be the one off you're talking about, thank you for the reply!

Obsidian and Color Stable are both 1-ply films that are 2-2.5mil thick which is why they shrink different than a traditional 2-ply film like FX PM.  I am not sure about Ceramic IR, but will find out Friday and will post here.  I'm just hoping the color looks closer to regular films...I didn't like the color of Obsidian.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.