Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skeeter

Saturn Vue

5 posts in this topic

The inner top piece of plastic on all four door panels may scratch the surface of film when windows are raised and lowered. The solution is to line this area with felt that has adhesive backing. (at least I hope it is) We had to redo one today so keep this in mind.

The local Saturn dealer here is replacing the 4 door 'rubbers' at no charge. They are aware of the problem and are installing moldings from earlier year Vues that have a little fuzz on them. You might want to make cust aware of the problem and have them get new rubbers installed ASAP. I have redone at least 10 of these since the spring because of scratching. another solution is to install Velcro (the fuzzy side) with tape backing on the existing molding.

The seals on the doors are really wide. They can be removed just like the ones on a bug but a heck of alot easier. All four doors.

I did a vue last week...Customer said Staurn wanted around $270 to retrofit. Made my felt job seem cheap. :thumb Hell, I could do this to every car, why not?

Edited by oldtinter