2000 Lincoln LS

Guest CloudWalker

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I'VE ONLY DONE A HANDFUL OF THE LINCOLN LS

FIRST WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS BECAUSE I HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE ALL THE CRAP APART WITHOUT BREAKING ANYTHING.

NOW I PULL THE LIGHT APART, IT IS USUALLY STUCK BECAUSE OF THE URETHANE, BUT IT MOVES SLIGHTLY, IF YOU CAN PULL THE RUBBER PART OFF WITH OUT DAMAGING IT, THEN CLEAN GOOD BEHIND THE LIGHT. AFTER YOU TINT THE WINDOW YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PUT SOME ADHESIVE ON THE RUBBER SO IT WILL STICK ON THE PLASTIC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

I have had my :lol with these cars too..after I get the cover off the light..without tring to break it..and then..pop the light up from the bottom..without breaking it...pop the red lens cover off...push down on the carpet..and swist it out of the hole...not easy...but can be done...without taking the back deck out..

:woowoo

Guest Braud Spectrum

rolleyes.gif It's in the trunk. :shock I wasted 15 minutes looking for the battery under the hood.

:spit Lemme ask yall this. Anybody EVER done a Lincoln that the battery stayed charged long enough to tint the whole devilish thing? :shock

I remember even the old ones with all the windows in the 80's did it too. Have they not advanced ? :lol

ET...check to see if that light is stuck in the urethane.  I had 2 the other day that were like that.

Ive seen that happen to me a few times The red plastic part of the light is just embedded in urethane. Impossible to get out

you usally can remove the light by first popping the two clips that hold the assemble in then press down as hard as you can on the carpeted rear deck and you can squeeze it out. Beware that putting it back in without damaging the tint is no easy task either

rolleyes.gif It's in the trunk. :lol I wasted 15 minutes looking for the battery under the hood.

:dunno Lemme ask yall this. Anybody EVER done a Lincoln that the battery stayed charged long enough to tint the whole devilish thing? :lol6

I remember even the old ones with all the windows in the 80's did it too. Have they not advanced ? :beer

:lol :lol :DD

Cadillacs, and older Maximas, too!

Archived