Heavy tar removel

I use to use the plastic razer blades until I started useing these..the hardness and sharpness are better for doing the paint and tamination removel...but on a budget or just getting started ...what ELD said will do just fine :thumb .

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mirrorfinishman

Wow, that was heavy tar removal. Most of what I usually see is nothing more than a few small specks of road tar. Looks like you've got a good process going there. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing this valuable info.

Suring our exterior detail process we clean the tar off of every car and do it the same way, no matter how much tar is on the car. I buy 5 gallon jugs of regular old paint thinner for about $10.

We just spray a thick layer of paint thinner on the sides and rear of the car. Let it sit a few minutes and it wipes right off. May need to hit up stubborn spots again.

Very inexpensive, very effective.

Man I pay 24.95 for 5 gallons and thats after searching hi and low :thumb 10.00 you guys have it made....We go through 5 gallons ever 2 weeks from thinning and painting and cleaning ect....you guys suck :lol Why so cheap :lol Or doyou have an old bootlegger trying an honest trade for a change :lol:lol

Guest hawkinschevcadillac

I use Zeps Big orange...works great. make sure the area you're going to get the tar off of is dry...big orange is useless when the car is wet. Spray it on, let it sit for like 5 minutes, and then use a pressure washer to spray it off...less time and work.

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

tint bandit:

Like the idea of using the heat gun..

I use Valugards New Car Prep for tar removal..

Hope you are staying COOL!!! The heat is killing me here in Raleigh..

Great job...

I use Zeps Big orange...works great.  make sure the area you're going to get the tar off of is dry...big orange is useless when the car is wet.  Spray it on, let it sit for like 5 minutes, and then use a pressure washer to spray it off...less time and work.

[*]300746

Big orange is awesome stuff. I use it anywhere that it can be used.

Archived