Suntek Seperation

Guest FastBackJack

Guest FastBackJack

I had a Camry come in today. On the rear door up in the corner the film has pinched off and seperated between layers. This is only the second time since I have been using it (about 3 years). The other car was a Lexus LS 300. I know its a typical prob with these cars with any film, but I was just curious if anyone else has had this happen? I hope it isnt going to be a continuous problem!!!! :cool

Guest Litespeeds

I have run into that problem here and there with cars like the Lexus LS400, older Honda Accords and Civics and other cars that have a black rubber window trim gasket. When the rubber wears in, it gets really sticky and pushes on the film. Unless you routinely grease the rubber or spray dry silicone lubricant, you will most likely get film seperation. What happens is when you roll up the window, the rubber is grabbing the film and pushs on it. When it gets hot, the adhesive gets very soft and from the pushing force of the rubber gasket, the film gets seperated or even worse, causes a sideways finger. That is what I call it. Wish I had a picture to show everyone. We had to remove and retint a few of those when we were using Johnson and Llumar films about 5-6 years ago. Haven't had any from Suntek or Sungard yet. Knock on wood.